Saturday 21 April 2012

My Saturday with Ayokunle, searching for food.



It’s Saturday, time for weddings, visiting family and friends, for some of us is work again. Sometimes I wonder when we have time for our self. Woke up this morning, ran straight to the kitchen( still had fresh breath). There was nothing to eat but the two days old stew. Aren’t eating that, right? I asked myself. I was late for work, could not even clean my house, wash my clothes or have time for myself.
After spending like an hour in the office, I told a colleagues Ayokunle; “me I dey go eat before I pass out go see my grandpa”. We were kind of broke as you know the date of the month (21th). He decided we go to smokies (local joint), after the ordeal I had with some fast food that I had to vomit yesterday. Somkies is a location full of “Food is Ready” or “Mama Put”, about seven to nine points. The drama given by these people is awesome. They talk to their customers’ rudely; some of their environments are nothing to write home. The plenty mouths’ talking at once close to the food adds more saliva ingredients, the looks of whosoever is serving, is an apology. What’s with these places? Why should I eat here? Is it the local setting or what? Really guys, if you can answer this questions I would really be glad.  We could not find a decent place, and finally ended up in sweet sensation.
  Sweet sensation (adeola odeku), was jam packed with football fans watching the Arsenal and Chelsea match. Even with the crowd, the environment was a breath of fresh air. They always have varieties of food and that I love. Ayokunle was happy,after complaining he didn’t have money and can’t spend more than 500Naria. He ordered for semovita and vegetable soup with snail (cost 1000naria ).Nice combo and it really contains almost if not all the six classes of food. I had a piece of the snail and it was clean and well spiced. It didn’t have that bitter taste and also was not fried to death (very dry). My anger was Kunle, using fork to eat swallow, for heaven’s sake, the only people permitted are those with long nails. Well, that would be a topic for another day.  I had beans and plantain (cost 600naira) and it was good. Not everyone likes to order beans outside and not all have it at all. It’s really good and mostly when is nicely prepared by sweet sensation, but I prepare it better with lots of fish and crayfish, onions too. It gives a nice aroma and hunger. If you don't like crayfish, then replace with what you can eat it with.   How many of us have chicken with our beans @ home?




We should spend money on good food and I tell you, it depends on your comb/choice; you can spend as less as 600naira for a nice decent meal in a conducive environment.  
Am really going out tomorrow to check for a local place to eat and see what marvels around. Would tell you how it went. It’s Kelvin’s birthday tomorrow also. His got taste, wonder where his location would be.And the food?  hmmmm….


 Till then……….. Its all about FooD

1 comment: