Friday 20 April 2012

Cookie Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese topping.


It is Afolabi's birthday. It is so exciting to finally meet her. Walking into Piccolo Mondo, the venue of the party, with the beautiful salsa music playing and the disco light throwing different colored lights around, I feel welcome by the nice ambience. She is dressed in a lovely red short gown, high-heeled pumps and an Anita Baker inspired hair-do. She looks lovely. The air is filled with excitement which is evident in the zest with which people talk and gets acquainted. I am really hungry as I have waited all day and so I am already, looking forward to the food, but while I wait I busy myself with dancing to the beautiful music belted out by the sound system.
It is time to cut the cake and there are two of them. One is a regular looking cake but it looks really good. When I taste it I’m wowed by the different sensations I felt on my tongue. It is a double layered piece with a cream, I could not identify immediately the flavor. It immediately melts away on your tongue.
The second cake was a cheese cake, 8inch, 3layer infused cookie, topped with coconut cream cheese. It looked Halloween cookie cake anyway. I look at it longingly, wondering how much better than the first it would be. The party looked to be rounding up and yet the cheese cake sat there looking all innocent not aware of the murderous thoughts going through my mind. I look around searching for Afolabi to ask her when the cake would be cut, I see her walking towards me and she tells me the party is moving on to another restaurant. I inquire as to the plans for the cake and she laughs and says it’s coming along with us. I gladly got along. The name of the place is Reeds, at 190 Awolowo roads, Ikoyi. It’s a bar and restaurant, lovely and cozy, a nice place for a couple to have a meal. We got seated and place our orders. Finally Afolabi cuts the cake. If the first was delicious then this one has nothing to be described.


I learnt something yesterday. When picking a venue for a party, dinner or get together, make sure that the food is your number one, follow by the music before the drinks and a reasonable price at it. Some might ask or say the drink comes first, but am sorry. If you got drink and no loud music to shake of your system, then you should have Afolabi’s crowd that makes it happen without the music.
Finally, a slice of the creamy, cheesy, nice aroma cookie cake. My favorite taste bub were ready, saliva performing its civic rights and their; my 3layer sliced, infused cookies with the coconut cream cheese got into my mouth. There was silence. I could hear the heart beat of the creator, the mind sound of the celebrant and me shaking my head moving, left……..right……left……right….     


            ……………………………….to be continued……………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment