Thursday 19 April 2012

Guess what One Thousand Five Naria can put on that plate?


                           Guess what One Thousand Five Naria can put on that plate?








 Life can be funny sometimes. I noticed when i'm under pressure, I forget to eat. Which I guess happens to almost everyone. You don’t feel the urge to eat, no bad odor from your mouth, no pains or aches till you are almost done and all of a sudden. You want to faint. Tell me to fast and you are looking for my trouble. Check me out 3hrs into it. I become the ghost of myself. Lifeless can’t even describe me (guess I speak for plenty...Lol). I was on my way home @ about 8pm, so famished, all I could think of was the closest eatery around and here in front of me was KFC. I checked my pocket before I disgrace myself and found I could only get a zangzinga pack(I guess that's the name) (1500naira). Do I have to eat this and forget tomorrow morning? It hit me like a rock. 


Immediately I ran as fast as I could so I don’t get caught by the spirit of KFC. Finally, I was at the market and was lost in thoughts. What do I want to eat? What would be fast to cook ? what balance of a diet would I get? All these questions pop up. Believe me this was the process I got the stuffs, first was pepper for 50naria, a pack of knor cube for 150naira after 10mins, a bunch of plantain 500naira after 15mins, onions and crayfish 100naira each 1min after, vegetable ( green leaf) for 100naira after 10mins and I was done. I got home happy and glad. I spent just 1000 Naira in 36mins and wow, nothing in my carrier bag. What is going to come out from this, I asked myself. I finally fooled myself. Only if I had dinner in KFC. It was late and they had closed, no dinner for me.
 Opening my fridge was a double blessing for me. I found the mixed meat I got few days back for 450Naira. What a joy in my heart. I had the meat spiced with curry and one knor cube with diced onions and mixed it really nice, allowing every flavor of the spice get into it. I rinsed my vegetable before cutting so it doesn’t lose it nutrients(rinse with warm water and salt). I had my pan on fire to heat some groundnut oil and when it was a little bit hot, I added my chopped onions and stirred continuous for the sweet smell of my onions, giving it the pale white look and,soft for the eyes to nibble. Adding the vegetable almost immediately and allowed to cook for 5mins, I added the crayfish. This really smelt good already, now I was excited, my taste buds leap for joy, preparing for a great feast in my mouth. The well spiced mixed meat was ready for a dance in the hot bath tub called frying pan. It really smelt nice, sprinkled some white pepper and garlic. The result was great. Why should I fry my plantain? Mama told be too much of frying is bad, what the heck! Boiled the plantain and voila.
 Finally, I had boiled plantain, meat sauce and vegetable on my plate for less than a thousand five hundred Naira. It tasted so good and again my taste bugs gave me a star. I was happy with my serve. I posted "what A Thousand Five can do" on my black berry status. A colleague of my called immediately and i told her my story and she couldn't wait to taste. Really cant say how she felt but I know she loved it and deep down her heart she said” lets get married and cook for me for ever” . Tega, when you read this, I would be long gone, don’t look for me to kill. 




Hey guys, we can have a great meal , depends on what your creative side is, you can make the best balance diet with a thousand Naira. YES, you should have some of the necessary at home. Would like my readers to try this and send me pictures to upload. Sorry, I was too hungry to take pictures, but might do it again because of you. Do have a nice time trying it out, till then, its all about FooD.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW THE FEELING,IT COSTS ME EVEN LESS FOR A WELL BALANCED MEAL. I SPENT 50BUCKS FOR NOODLES,50 FOR VEGGIES,ANODA 50 FOR CARROTS AND 100 FOR CABBAGE(N I DINT USE IT ALL).LETS NOT ALSO FORGET 60BUCKS FOR 2 EGGS,CNT HAV A BALANCED MEAL WITHOUT PROTEINS.THATS A TOTAL OF 310BUCK AND BELIEVE ME WEN I TELL U I CLD NOT FINISH IT. SO YES,AS TEMPTING AS FAST FOOD MAY B(ESP WEN UR VERY HUNGRY),ITS WELL WORTH IT MAKING UR OWN MEALS.

    ReplyDelete