Wednesday 6 March 2013

what a way to win back mama's heart from an untidy kitchen.

THIZ HAPPEN SOMETIME LAST YEAR.......



Just closed from work and visiting my cousin was the next agenda. Had a pile of dirty dishes in the untidy kitchen, I wasn’t ready to clean. My mum just came visiting, she would never touch them. She would wait till I returned to rain all the motherly insult for not “repping her” well. (I be girl? I nor dey go husband house jor).
At my cousin’s place, I had nice afang soup with pounded yam( not something I want to write about).

“Good evening mum.” “Good evening,” she murtured.
Not even a hug( my traditional signature)?

“Just go and see how untidy your kitchen looks,” and the motherly insult continued.
She is hungry and not in the mood to make eba which is easy, but I just consumed pounded yam, a blend of tomatoes, pepper and onions( not smooth), found out there was no groundnut oil. Palm oil was not a bad idea though!

Got it all hot( not to be breaching level), turned my bended tomatoes mix and vola. Smoked fish is a type of fish I crave for and I really don't enjoy the ones available in Lagos.
(If you know where I can get a good one, please let me know).
I washed my smoked fish all the way from the ancient city of Benin. Adding my vegetable and the normal maggi, salt and little bit of curry, my vegetable fish stew was ready. Serving was with yam and ripe plantain.

When did you start adding sugar to your food? And I laugh. Mum, thanks for the compliment, I learnt from the best" wink".
Thanks a way to win back a mama's heart from an untidy kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment